Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Word of the Week Ninnyhammer and Weekly 100 Words


Here are my 100 words from How to Flirt with A Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper p1:

     "When a naked man shows up on your doorstep with a bear trap clamped around his ankle, it's best just to do what he asks.
     This was a lesson I had to learn the hard way. A lesson that I didn't anticipate that crisp June morning as I drove my ailing truck to the town limits of tiny Grundy in the southeast interior of Alaska. As sorry as I felt for my "new to me" four-by-four, I couldn't stop just yet.
     'Just a few more minutes, baby,' I said, stroking fond fingers over the worn-smooth plastic of the steering wheel...."
This meme is hosted by Ruthi at Ruthi Reads!  The object is simple:  share exactly 100 words from the book you are currently reading, and no spoilers!  Be sure to include your book's title, author, and page number in your post.  Head over to Ruthi's site and add your link to your book!  Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I love the word "ninny" but "ninnyhammer" is even more delightful! I'd never heard this word before, so I do thank you!

    What a chuckle I get from your 100 word share, as well as from the book title itself! I can't imagine flirting with a werewolf, nor my truck, as this excerpt seems to portray the driver doing.

    Thanks so much for hopping along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthi, I so agree...this book is so full of innuendo and is a good fun time! And, ninnyhammer rocks my socks off :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...