Wednesday, June 29, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Day Twenty-six

Day Twenty-Six: A Song that you can play on an instrument

          Um, yeah, I'm envious of the people who have the discipline to play a musical instrument past the requisite years in junior high and high school. My husband plays the guitar. One of the best times is listening to him strum the songs, trying to guess what he's playing in just a few notes. My friend Jenn takes guitar lessons as an adult. Now that takes dedication! I tried to take piano lessons (as I've always wanted to play the piano), but quit after the easy stuff, I just didn't have time to practice and learn what I didn't already know.
          You see I used to play the clarinet. It's the perfect instrument progression from the flutophone, and my grandfather played the clarinet when he was in the Army band in the 40s. I loved learning how to play, I loved learning how to read music, I loved making my grandfather proud. He even seasoned the keys for me (as my clarinet was new and the high notes were hard to play). In high school, however, being in Flags was a lot more fun and required less practice than marching...I stopped playing the clarinet.
         The only song I can still play on the clarinet is "Baby Elephant Walk"...WOW! it's so fun to play...I'd play it right now if my mother hadn't sold my clarinet so my sister could have a snare drum...not that I'm still bitter!

Feel free to join in by commenting below (I really do love comments, on fb or here), or doing this challenge on your own blog.

The 30 Day Song Challenge
Day 01 – Your favorite song
Day 02 -- Your least favorite song
Day 03 -- A song that makes you happy
Day 04 -- A song that makes you sad
Day 06 -- A song that reminds you of someone
Day 06 -- A song that reminds you of somewhere
Day 07 -- A song that reminds you of a certain event
Day 08 -- A song that you know all the words to
Day 09 -- A song that you can dance to
Day 15 --A song that describes you
Day 16 --A song that you used to love but now hate
Day 17 --A song that you hear often on the radio
Day 18 --A song that you wish you heard on the radio
Day 19 --A song from your favorite album
Day 20 --A song that you listen to when you're angry
Day 21 -- A song that you listen to when you're happy
Day 22 -- A song that you listen to when you're sad
Day 23 -- A song that you want to play at your wedding
Day 24 -- A song that you want to play at your funeral
Day 25 -- A song that makes you laugh

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...