Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Word of the Week: Paean and Weekly 100 Words


Here are my 100 words from Dead Is Not An Option by Marlene Perez p33:

          "I heard another moan. Someone was clearly in pain. I couldn't just stand there, so I followed the blood.  My heart raced as I clutched my cell phone in my hand. I'd been in danger before, but I knew someone needed my help and I had a feeling it couldn't wait.
          Still, I felt sick when I saw the body lying face down. Blood pooled and then spread in tiny rivulets. The figure was female, and something told me she was around my age. The blood seemed to be coming from her neck.
          I took off my scarf and applied..."
This meme is hosted by Ruthi at Ruthi Reads!  The object is simple:  share exactly 100 words from the book you are currently reading, and no spoilers!  Be sure to include your book's title, author, and page number in your post.  Head over to Ruthi's site and add your link to your book!  Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear! A frightening share!

    The term paean I've never heard, so will surely investigate it further, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...