Thursday, May 12, 2011

Booking Through Thursday (Not in Theatres) A WEEK LATE!













From Booking Through Thursday:

Name one book that you hope never, ever, ever gets made into a movie (no matter how good that movie might be)?
            I finally figured out an answer for last weeks question...so, I'm a bit behind!
            The book I never want to see become a movie is She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. WOW! I cannot stand this book, mostly, because I think that it's very cliched and redundant. Just when I thought the main character would do something NOT EVERY "STEREOTYPICAL" "WOMAN" experienced there she was letting her boyfriend abuse her or getting raped. There she was being anorexic or having an abortion. There she was lamenting the fact that she wasn't married or with child. Yes, all of these things happened to one female character in one book.
             I remember at the time the book came out people talking about how Lamb captured the female character and filled her with verve and spunk. All I could think is that I wouldn't want to be this woman or be this woman's friend. Dolores is so unrealistic.
             I definitely don't want to see this woman on the silverscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...