Wednesday, May 4, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Day Eighteen

Day Eighteen: A song that you wish you heard on the radio
          I grew up in the 80s. I spent most of those years being introduced, through friends, family or media, to various people who after I found out about their awesome lives died. I was saddened in 1985 at the loss of Ricky Nelson, a man who I had just gotten to know via The Adventures Ozzie and Harriet on the Disney Channel.
         When I was five I found that John Lennon existed. I found out that he was part of The Beatles and was given, as a 5th birthday present, the 45 of (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon. I would sing this song while jumping rope, while walking to school and while climbing trees on the hill above our apartments, I'd pick dandelions and think of John Lennon. When I was in kindergarten I learned John Lennon had been murdered outside of his New York City apartment. My heart broke when I found out as I understood that my fantasy of meeting John Lennon would never become real. When I visited New York City, about 20 years later, we visited "Strawberry Fields" in Central Park and I remembered singing this song, I remembered John Lennon (a man I'd never met). This song not only reminds me of John Lennon and 1981, but of my little self and my first obsession with music.
          I wish they'd play this song on the radio more.

Feel free to join in by commenting below (I really do love comments, on fb or here), or doing this challenge on your own blog.

The 30 Day Song Challenge
Day 01 – Your favorite song
Day 02 -- Your least favorite song
Day 03 -- A song that makes you happy
Day 04 -- A song that makes you sad
Day 06 -- A song that reminds you of someone
Day 06 -- A song that reminds you of somewhere
Day 07 -- A song that reminds you of a certain event
Day 08 -- A song that you know all the words to
Day 09 -- A song that you can dance to
Day 15 --A song that describes you
Day 16 --A song that you used to love but now hate
Day 17 --A song that you hear often on the radio

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...