Wednesday, April 20, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Day Sixteen

Day Sixteen: A song that you used to love but now hate
          "Hotel California"...
          I have fond memories of this song...at night sitting on the sand and rocks by the river the radio from someone's pick-up blasting the song, dancing to the song with a really tall guy who smelled like Tide during Junior/Senior Prom, singing the song on a road trip to Memphis...truly, all of my memories are good ones.
          And, yet...I can't stand this song. Why, you ask? Too much radio play, too many teenage boys and girls belting it out on the school bus and, besides, the song lost all of its allure once I understood what it was all about.
         Do you have songs that make you feel like that...songs that you have fond memories of, and yet...???
          
Feel free to join in by commenting below (I really do love comments, on fb or here), or doing this challenge on your own blog.

The 30 Day Song Challenge
Day 01 – Your favorite song
Day 02 -- Your least favorite song
Day 03 -- A song that makes you happy
Day 04 -- A song that makes you sad
Day 06 -- A song that reminds you of someone
Day 06 -- A song that reminds you of somewhere
Day 07 -- A song that reminds you of a certain event
Day 08 -- A song that you know all the words to
Day 09 -- A song that you can dance to

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I used to love this song and…I still love this song! I don’t care how many times it’s played. Dude, it’s The Eagles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I;m a big fan of music. I think this challenge is awesome! I have many songs that I relate with happy memories ie. Buffalo Solider by Bob Marley, Redefine by Soil, Ziggy Stardust by David Bowie, Vermillion Pt 2 by Slipknot, the list goes on forever . Almost all of them are from when I was a teenager or, more recently, driving in my car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. llevinso, i totally understanding what you are saying...sometimes i feel a little guilty about my dislike of the song :*( i still like the eagles though! :D esp. 'take it easy'!

    amanda, i totally agree! this challenge has been even more interesting then i initially thought it would be! and, i've never heard of soil, i'll have to investigate further! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...