Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Proust Questionnaire Part I

I just don't think that a book whose first sentence is 20 pages long is for me.
~Lorelai Gilmore Gilmore Girls in the episode "Paris is Burning" (1.11)

My favorite television character and role-model, has said it best. I will not be reading Marcel Proust anytime soon (no, I don't want to borrow your copy of Swann's Way), but I do think this Proust Questionnarie thing is a fun idea for a party!

And, if you want to go all out sign up at Proust.com...enjoy!



Proust Questionnaire at Age 13
Feel free to post your answers below, on your own blog, or both!!! Ideas from Proust.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? 
When I am   sick and I still have to go to work and do things...being sick as a grown-up blows...
Where would you like to live?
London, and one day I will live in London until I am tired of being there...
What is your idea of earthly happiness?
Those days when I have nothing on my plate, the tiny tot wakes up late, Chris is in a good mood and all we do is hang out and chill, we don't even notice that the TV isn't on... 
To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
My need to watch television, movies and play on the computer
Who are your favorite heroes of fiction?
Well, I'm so glad that this question is plural...Mr. Darcy, Romeo, Almasy, Nick Rhoads, Rob Gordon...you know those guys who aren't afraid to be weak when they need to be...and, who, in their own way, love
Who are your favorite characters in history?
Hannibal and the Elephants, JFK, Alexander Hamilton, John Adams...frick, well, all the Founding Fathers, Alexander the Great, Queen Victoria
Who are your favorite heroines in real life?
My mother and my aunts (Nellie, who is still alive, and Nesie who passed away in '02)
Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
Any of those strong female roles, that after reading make me a stronger female :)
Your favorite painter?
Van Gogh
Your favorite musician?
Oh, like you don't know who that is by now...U2
The quality you most admire in a man?
The ability to make someone laugh
The quality you most admire in a woman?
Honesty (it's so hard for us to do that without being catty)
Your favorite virtue?
Love
Your favorite occupation?
I assume that by the way Proust answered this that 'occupation' is meant to be pasttime, so I'm answering it as such...reading, sleeping, playing with the kidlet, more sleeping...
Who would you have liked to be?
Myself, who else is there for me to be

PS. I am too sick to write anything else...I hate being sick and more than that I hate being sick and not being able to sleep...maybe I'll just go into town and buy some Theraflu...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...