OK, so when I started this month of X-Files I was in the midst of watching the show from the very beginning. It seems like a simple task, but really it's not, and here's why:
- Those first three seasons are so dark and the endings so dismal and the plots so scary that they are really hard to get through.
- If you are really into the shippiness that doesn't really get any air time until late in the 4th season.
- So many people around them die and then there's the cancer.
- Um, Season 6 (my favorite season) isn't until um, approximately 100 episodes in.
Watching this show (and, it's two movies) again made me notice things I'd never noticed before.
- I don't think I'd EVER seen the episode with Lance Guest and the invisible elephant.
- Doggett and Reyes are pretty amazing characters.
- MOTW are way more fun than alien episodes and there are more MOTW epis than I thought.
- EVERYBODY did a guest stint on 'The X-Files'...fo' realz...Jack Black, people!
- There are some definite shifts...DPO is the first major one...finally a little laughter amongst all the death and then there's the definite shift out of Canada, after the first movie is another shift, Seasons 8 and 9 are also major shifts.
It took me three months to watch the whole series...using mostly Saturdays and Sundays, and frankly, now I'm feeling a little lost and I'm not really sure what to do with myself...