Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A: At the very beginning, a very good place to start

I can't exactly remember the first time I ever watched "The X-Files". I know I watched it on Fridays when I was in high school (when my mother would let me) and there are some episodes (mostly from that first season) that I remember quite well. I remember watching it on Sundays when I was in college, my roommate and I wrapped in blankets in the dark on either end of our garage-sale couch. You have to remember those first few seasons were creepier and scarier than subsequent seasons.

I am writing this while watching the finale of the 6th season...a finale I remember quite well, a finale that didn't tie in with the wonderfully, lighthearted episodes that makes this season my favorite season. This finale devastated me. Frankly, I think it did many people as it added another layer to the alien myth, put Mulder is some strange, unexplained danger and gave me at least 3 more reasons to really want to punch Diana Fowley in the gut.

With a new series in the works and my head full of this show and the memories it evokes I look forward to spending the next month talking about my love/obsession with Agents Mulder and Scully, AD Skinner and the various monsters, myths, aliens and conspiracies that really are much of the background noise of my favorite decade.

Click here if you need any help with abbreviations.

Note: I'm only talking about things that interest me or that I remember being integral to the show and its characters. If there's something you think I should comment on or talk about feel free to comment below.


8 comments:

  1. I looove The X-Files! I look forward to reminiscing with you this month!

    Daryl (Something Out of Nothing #1187)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah! somebody to nerd out with!!!! *squee*

      Delete
  2. I'm excited to hear they're bringing the series back! I've been looking forward to that!

    Good luck with the 2015 A to Z Challenge!
    A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
    http://pensuasion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! not sure i'll be able to leave the house while the new series in running.

      Delete
  3. I can't remember the first time I watched X-Files either, but a few early episodes stand out for me. A few later ones too. I also missed a huge chunk, which is why I've been meaning to set time aside to binge watch the entire show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, you've got to start with the rewatch! my adventure has been so much fun! so much i've forgotten or remember differently...great fun!

      Delete
  4. Decided to stop by since you came by mine! and oooo x files. So i never really watched the show not sure why do you know if it is online anywhere? I am curious to see what your other letters hold!

    Teresa
    @icecoldpenguin
    fangirlnextdoor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's on netflix...an excellent way to find the whole series and a great time to start watching! :D

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...