Saturday, March 26, 2011

Virtual Art...Museum

I am not in a very good mood today...if I lived in a city (which I don't) I would go to an art museum and wander around getting lost in the history and art, instead I'm going to share with you my favorite paintings...and if I can remember the museums in which they are found. Oh and if you want to make your own paintings, waste time or are feeling a little angry go to Jackson Pollock and make your own Pollocks (palette and paint provided, you'll have to get your own alcohol...um, that may have been a joke that was in very poor taste, but I'm leaving it in, that's just how I feel today!).

The Art Institute-Chicago


Paris Street Rainy Day-Gustave Caillebotte     


Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte-Georges Seurat  


Arthur Jerome Eddy-James Abbott McNeill Whistler

Starry Night-Vincent Van Gogh

New York


Convergence-Jackson Pollock

The National Gallery of Art-London

Rain, Steam and Speed-JMW Turner


Bathers at Asnieres-Georges Seurat


Marriage Ala Mode (6 paintings with quite a story)-William Hogarth


The Execution of Maximilian-Edouard Manet


Sunflowers-Vincent Van Gogh

Um...these were in a lit book I had in junior high...um, er, don't know what museums


Tiger in a Tropical Storm (Surprised!)-Henri Rousseau


Mother and Child-Mary Cassatt

I just love this painting, I have no idea where it lives...

The Singing Butler-Jack Vettriano

1 comment:

  1. I love posts like this - they make you think about books and creativity in a slightly different way. Thanks, Stephanie! (Coincidentally, I've also done an art post today.)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...