Wednesday, March 2, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Day Nine

Day Nine: A song that you can dance to         
   
           I'm not really much on activity or athletics or nature. The only times I can think that this has ever been a problem is when I have to take Physical Education classes. It seems that PE classes, not only want you to dress out (I hate sneakers, spandex and gym shorts), but they also want you to do athletics and other activities in nature for a grade...ick.
          How I got around this at the college level was by taking the PE classes of my choice. I took an intra-mural class were I learned to scuba-dive, play laser tag, shoot a bow and arrow and ice skate. I took bowling as well. My favorite class, however, was ballroom dancing.
          Although my class was taught by a grad student who had never taught ballroom dancing that made it all the more fun. In this class I found an old friend from high school and we became partners. We learned to samba, rumba, cha-cha, foxtrot, swing dance (which I still can't do), tango and waltz. Waltzing was by far my favorite and it is the dance we chose for our final. There is nothing more fun than dancing for a grade.
         This was the same year that "My Best Friends' Wedding" came out and we danced and danced and danced to that soundtrack, especially Burt Bacharach. A song I can dance to with ease, as it has timing and a beat that I can understand is "What the World Needs Now" sung by Jackie DeShannon.
         If it's a waltz I can dance to it, if I can't count a 3 or 4 beat forget it, no thank-you...I'll be a wallflower sipping on my drink.

6 Contemporary Songs to which you can waltz
"Ice Cream"--Sarah McLachlan
"You and Me"--Lifehouse
"Moon River"--Andy Williams
"The Rainbow Connection"--Kermit the Frog
"Kiss from a Rose"--Seal
"Reflecting Light"--Sam Phillips

There are so many songs that are perfect for waltzing.

Do you know of any other songs to which you can waltz?

Feel free to join in by commenting below (I really do love comments, on fb or here), or doing this challenge on your own blog.

The 30 Day Song Challenge
Day 01 – Your favorite song
Day 02 -- Your least favorite song
Day 03 -- A song that makes you happy
Day 04 -- A song that makes you sad
Day 06 -- A song that reminds you of someone
Day 06 -- A song that reminds you of somewhere
Day 07 -- A song that reminds you of a certain event
Day 08 -- A song that you know all the words to
Day 09 – A song that you can dance to
Day 10 – A song that makes you fall asleep
Day 11 – A song from your favorite band
Day 12 – A song from a band you hate
Day 13 – A song that is a guilty pleasure
Day 14 – A song that no one would expect you to love
Day 15 – A song that describes you
Day 16 – A song that you used to love but now hate
Day 17 – A song that you hear often on the radio
Day 18 – A song that you wish you heard on the radio
Day 19 – A song from your favorite album
Day 20 – A song that you listen to when you’re angry
Day 21 – A song that you listen to when you’re happy
Day 22 – A song that you listen to when you’re sad
Day 23 – A song that you want to play at your wedding
Day 24 – A song that you want to play at your funeral
Day 25 – A song that makes you laugh
Day 26 – A song that you can play on an instrument
Day 27 – A song that you wish you could play
Day 28 – A song that makes you feel guilty
Day 29 – A song from your childhood
Day 30 – Your favorite song at this time last year

3 comments:

  1. Since you were talking about waltzing how about "The Tennesse Waltz" by Patti Page?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know! while the girls were learning it i was probably reading a book... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. frick, i meant that for the 'american pie' post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...