Wednesday, March 9, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Day Ten

Day Ten: A song that makes you fall asleep         
   
           Ok, so I've been trying to remember the first time I heard Coldplay and I can't. I do know that I remember they used to play the video for "Yellow" on MTV and VH1 all of the time and I remember thinking that Chris Martin wasn't at all bad looking...scrawny, cleft chin, British and had/has the most amazing voice. I also know I didn't buy the "Parachutes" CD, it was given to me by a student because I'd mentioned in class that the front man for this new band Coldplay had an incredible voice. 
          At the time I received the CD I lived in this townhouse, it was pretty nice because I had the whole entire townhouse to myself...no roommate. The only noises were noises that I or my cat made. This wasn't a problem on most nights, but some nights I couldn't sleep...it was too quiet. On those nights I'd put "Parachutes" in the CD changer in my room and use the remote to play the music. I can remember many a night lying in bed, staring at my "Happy Gilmore" poster, listening to the stereo switch CDs as the street light cast a shadow onto the bedroom door and to the long hallway downstairs, the cat asleep at my feet and music slowly playing as my lids grew heavy. This CD is the perfect CD to fall asleep to because the music is sooo soft and the rhythms so dreamy. Add to that Chris Martin's lyrics and voice and it's a wonder I ever woke back up or got anywhere on time the next day, and, yet I was always refreshed by morning.
           I can start this CD at any point and be asleep three tracks in, I cannot tell a lie the whole album puts me to sleep. Frankly, I could have chosen any song from "Parachutes" as the song that puts me to sleep, I just chose "Trouble" because its video is also somber and pleasing to the tired eyes and the sleepy head.

Feel free to join in by commenting below (I really do love comments, on fb or here), or doing this challenge on your own blog.

And...WELCOME NEW FOLLOWERS!!! It's so good to see you! If I am not following your blog please tell me I would love to see and follow them (I think I've checked them all out, but one can't be sure!) 

"Parachutes" Track listing (wikipedia.com)
No.TitleLength
1."Don't Panic"  2:17
2."Shiver"  4:59
3."Spies"  5:18
4."Sparks"  3:47
5."Yellow"  4:29
6."Trouble"  4:30
7."Parachutes"  0:46
8."High Speed"  4:14
9."We Never Change"  4:09
10."Everything's Not Lost" (ends at 5:28; hidden song "Life Is for Living" starts at 5:39)7:15
Total length:
41:48
        

The 30 Day Song Challenge
Day 01 – Your favorite song
Day 02 -- Your least favorite song
Day 03 -- A song that makes you happy
Day 04 -- A song that makes you sad
Day 06 -- A song that reminds you of someone
Day 06 -- A song that reminds you of somewhere
Day 07 -- A song that reminds you of a certain event
Day 08 -- A song that you know all the words to
Day 09 -- A song that you can dance to
Day 10 – A song that makes you fall asleep
Day 11 – A song from your favorite band
Day 12 – A song from a band you hate
Day 13 – A song that is a guilty pleasure
Day 14 – A song that no one would expect you to love
Day 15 – A song that describes you
Day 16 – A song that you used to love but now hate
Day 17 – A song that you hear often on the radio
Day 18 – A song that you wish you heard on the radio
Day 19 – A song from your favorite album
Day 20 – A song that you listen to when you’re angry
Day 21 – A song that you listen to when you’re happy
Day 22 – A song that you listen to when you’re sad
Day 23 – A song that you want to play at your wedding
Day 24 – A song that you want to play at your funeral
Day 25 – A song that makes you laugh
Day 26 – A song that you can play on an instrument
Day 27 – A song that you wish you could play
Day 28 – A song that makes you feel guilty
Day 29 – A song from your childhood
Day 30 – Your favorite song at this time last year

3 comments:

  1. Whenever I hear Coldplay, I think about my daughter -- she listened to them all the time in middle and high school, and still plays many of their songs on her guitar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me any Michael Bolton song...Not that he's boring, just has that soft lovely voice, so I say I go to bed with Michael from time to time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...