Sunday, October 30, 2011

Last Week in a Nutshell #4


One] The world's longest week began with Promethean Board training in St. Louis. We didn't get back until way late and left at 5.30 in the morning...in the A.M.!!! I gotta tell you though, I love going to these things I learned how to use Twitter with my Promethean (which is like a SMARTboard only better!) and refreshed how to use containers. Not a good way to start the work week though...especially since I had to get up early again on Wednesday for an FTA meeting and we had Parent-Teacher conferences Monday and Tuesday, which made for two 10 hr. days and a very long week, even if we had Friday off!

Two] Lila is Dorothy for Halloween. She has little short fluffy piggy-tails. She looks adorable, I look forward to all the candy she'll be getting...wait, maybe not! I figure I have only a few years of getting to decide what cute adorable outfits she wears for Halloween, must make the most of it!

Three] OK, so I read, in one day, the most beautiful book I've read in a long time. What's even more fun is that it's one of those dreaded banned books! I'll review it and talk more about it later. What I want to talk about is how the author was in Springfield, Missouri talking about its ban at a local high school there and I missed it. I didn't even know! I live an hour away and didn't get a chance to talk to her. Frankly, this is the kind of book I think EVERY teenager should read, it's honest and real and I think that sometimes grown-ups are afraid of these kinds of books, but teenagers know how real they are. Anyway, you should go find Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler and read it right now, and then you should read her blog and then you should fall in love with her...yes, I demand you fall in love with her. It's that good!

Four] My lovely cousin, Lynette, has a blog. This blog is lovely and diverse she talks art, she talks restoration, she talks food and recipes, her garden and a little about her life in Texas, her home state. I love her writing voice and I love her pretty, pretty face!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...