Monday, October 24, 2011

50 Books in a Year: Book #44 Final Friends Book Three: The Graduation

Here are somethings I noticed/remembered/liked/disliked about Book Three: The Graduation (the link is to Goodreads).

From the back
The last day of school has arrived at Tabb High. Michael Olson is convinced that Alice's death, nine months before, was murder rather than suicide and is just concluding his investigations. Will he survive this day?

Let's see...
Noticed
1] Pike really does go out of his way to make Jessica likeable in this one.
2] Ummm...how could anyone not notice where he was going with Claire's boyfriend...???
3] The second I started this book I knew exactly what happened to Alice, I remember every detail from this book especially the ending on the boat.

Remembered
1] Jessica and Michael and the sex in the shower...except for my 13 year old brain, really did think this scene lasted longer than 3 lines...hurrrmphf
2] I guess the Jessica of Book 3 is the Jessica I always remembered.
3] I'm still wondering if Polly killed her *spoiler* old grandmother, or was it old aunt...hmm...can't remember that part.

Liked
1] Michael, always have always will
2] This book is full of surprise and action and murder and lots of mystery.
3] That Clark was strange, but innocent.

Disliked
1] That Polly really does get away with a lot.
2] The stereotypes about homosexuals, black people, Hispanic people, sports players, cheerleaders, druggies et cetera that are thrown around carelessly.
3] That it took me until Book 3 to remember everything.

My next bit of nostalgia will be The Emily books by LM Montgomery...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...