Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Wedding Day (...a questionnaire)

This is a survey that wonderful, marvelous Ashley had as a post that I stumbled upon and I thought it would be fun to do...I'm not really into gushing and schmoopie-ness...but, it is the Saturday before Valentine's Day, so...

1) When was your wedding day?
July 28, 2009

2) What day of the week was it?
Tuesday

3) Did you get married in a church?
No, not at all... :)

4) How many in your wedding party?
No wedding party...we only had 4 people attended the wedding.

5) How many guests were invited to your wedding?
Anyone who wanted to fork over money to fly to Vegas and go to a wedding on a weekday could come...I just sent out a mass email (fancy, no?). Frankly, I've always wanted to get married in Vegas and am glad that I got to.

7) How long did you wait to Tie The Knot after your proposal?
hahahahaha!
For those of you who know the whole story (and, I don't mind telling anyone who ask, I just don't want to bore anyone with the details) this is a HILARIOUS question...we got married about a month after the proposal.

8) Who did you hire as your photographer & videographer?
We took pics ourselves, no video. I'm actually a personal person and didn't want to feel like I was on display.

9) Did you have a DJ or a band?
We went out after the wedding...at the restaurant they played music...

10) Did your father walk you down the aisle?
No.

11) What color were the bridesmaid dresses & groomsmen vests?
Dana and Jennifer had on really cute dresses. I was wearing a dress to befit a pregnant lady. The boys were dressed comfortably.

12) Who was your Maid Of Honor/Best Man?
Dana and Blake

13) Did you have a Bridal Shower?
No, no time! Unless you count Amanda's birthday...where we ate at Ocean Zen and told every we were pregnant and getting married in Vegas (don't worry Amanda said it was OK that I ruin her birthday and tell everyone, as I told her first...she thought it was fun!). We went out with my St. Louis friends the night before we flew to Las Vegas. There were a couple of real ones once school started...

14) What type of limo did you get?
The kind of limo that came with the Wedding package

15) Where did you go for your Bachelorette/Bachelor Party?
Chris went out with his man friends several nights in Vegas, while I slept and watched SVU. At home we went out with my friends and then his friends.

16) What type of wedding gown/tux did you two wear?
Um, I really wanted a white summer dress, but couldn't find one I liked (of course, I found every dress I wanted the next summer)...so, I settled for a flowery dress to befit a pregnant lady and Chris finally wore his friggin' linen pants! Hoorah!

17) How was the weather?
Vegas in July is INCREDIBLY hot!!! but there's no humidity so it felt pretty awesome!

18) Where did you go on your Honeymoon?
Well, we were already in Vegas...so...

19) What was your favorite part of your wedding day?
The whole day was pretty amazing...although, our limo was late because it broke down and there wasn't any AC once it picked us up.

20) How long have you been married?
1 1/2 years

3 comments:

  1. I loved reading this questionairre!! I want to hear the funny story about getting married a month after the proposal!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you coming into town for Valerie's engagement party? Is it too far way? :*(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I love your blog and reviews and would like to give you the Stylish Blogger award.
    http://siobianthebookowl.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html
    I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...