We've gone to...
- The Rocky Mountain National Park...Estes Park and Denver.
- We've gone swimming in...the ocean, various rivers, creeks and lakes.
- Washington DC (The Smithonian, The Capitol) and to visit family in MD. The first time she was on a plane she was 5 mos. old and we were going to DC to visit family.
- Dutch Wonderland in PA.
- Kansas City...to visit family.
- Chicago (The Art Institute, The Natural History Museum).
- St. Louis...to visit friends.
- Various places nearby...Ha-Ha Tonka, Mark Twain National Forest, The Cave Restaurant...I really need to take her to my hometown.
She's also a really great traveler. She sings nursery songs or songs she makes up or songs we find on the radio, she plays with the drawing pad, she sleeps. We take it slow and stop every so often or we bring lots of adventures to keep her busy on the plane/train/in the car.
I can't wait until she's older and the real adventures begin! I can't wait to take my kiddo overseas! I want my kid to see the world and I want to go on cheesy family adventures for the rest of our lives!
10 Places Every Kid Should See
If we start next summer that's one a year until she's 13, about the age we become 'uncool'.
End of May
Go visit my family in DC. My sister calls it their Annual Family Party, and eventually all of her family (her in-laws and all of us) are there and there's a BBQ and the Blues Festival and all sorts of DC fun! Lila and I are flying out early to have a chill weekend with my mother, sister, brother-in-law and 3 year old niece.
I like that this is becoming a summer tradition. I'm hoping we can stay longer than we did last year as my friends just bought a home.
Flitting about Missouri
We like to go visit my St. Louis friends, my aunt in Cabool, my in-laws in KC and at the Lake of the Ozarks.
I have family and friends in Texas who have never met my kidlet (I know I'm a horrible person)...we have been making plans to remedied this!
So, what are your summer plans? Have any plans with some kiddos?