Wednesday, January 8, 2014

50 Books in a Year Book #2: Charlotte Temple

All the morality of Jane Austen without any of the fun, Fantine without all the wonderful singing. Vanity Fair lite...triple ugh. Dear Reader, I've decided I loathe being talked to directly by the narrator.

I'd like to write more, but you see, I'd start talking about this book out of context of its time period and I'd be bad-mouthing things about it that weren't really in its control...like the plot, the lack of character development and other things that make books worth reading. I'm glad it's the first successful American novel, blah, blah, blah. I'm not sorry that I read it, blah, blah, blah...I'd recommend it to no one. I mean unless your into seduction novels, full of crap whose sole purpose is to make girls afraid of their feelings, of living, of leaving their parents homes and going out on their own...


See, I've gotta stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...