Thursday, February 6, 2014

World Book Night 2014: Same Difference by Derek Kirk Kim

This year I applied to be a World Book Night Giver a wee bit late, like the last day...after they extended the deadline date and I just figured that I wouldn't get it. But, yesterday I received the loveliest of emails. Seriously, no matter how many times I get to do this I will always feel excited by these words:

Dear Stephanie,

Congratulations! You will be a 2014 World Book Night giver.

The book I get the pleasure of giving is Same Difference by Derek Kirk Kim.

From this review:

"Same Difference is the story of Korean-American 20-something slackers in San Francisco who wrestle with the stereotypes and ambitions that they feel guide their lives. It has the feel of vintage Douglas Coupland, a drifting ennui shot through with moments of human warmth and connection. And though it's a quick read, it leaves a lasting emotional coal smouldering in its wake."

I can't wait to sell the idea of reading this book to the world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...