Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wonder Book is Wunderbar!

Today after my sister got home from work we went to Wonder Books (Book Alcove). I love to visit used book stores in other states and it was nice of my sister to let me spend a couple of hours rummaging around the books looking for certain books...as they, like all good used book stores, do not keep a computerized inventory and my sister complained about the smell (old books...ie. mildewy).


It's kind of hard to find because it's in a building behind a strip mall and down and hill.

They were having a buy one get one of children's and young adult books...um...so, I bought several *cough, cough* books...here's a list:

1] Henry and Ribsy by Beverly Cleary...it was on my mind because of last weeks BTT.
2] Final Friends Book 1: Then Party by Christopher Pike...I've been missing it for years, I mean since the 90s.
3] OK, so I got on a memory lane kick and bought several thrillers from my youth, including...Secret, Silent, Screams by Joan Lowery Nixon.
4] Chinese Handcuffs by Chris Crutcher...it's one of those great teenage boy coming of age in the midst of tragedy books like Ordinary People.
5] Danny The Champion of the World by Roald Dahl...a book I've been wanting to read since I saw the movie with Jeremy Irons and his son.
6] Cat Ate My Gymsuit by Paula Danziger...a book I read with my niece, a book that really touched me as a student and, now as a teacher and parent.

And, we'll have to go back again...soon!

PS...I just typed this on my sisters iPad and will add links and such later! Update: links and pic added 7/17/11

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...