Sunday, December 7, 2014

Holiday Confession #7


It all started with my grandmother. She died when I was very young so I don't remember much, but vivid memory I have of her is her obsession with fruitcake, second only to my grandfather's obsession with minced-meat. I remember going with her to the Wal-Mart in Ava, Missouri and buying those little fruitcakes that come in the plastic packages and buying those big fruitcakes that come in those metal tins. We'd get back to her house and she'd slice us pieces and we'd eat them with large cups of milk. Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who would eat and then I'd ask for more.

Last year I got the pleasure of trying fruitcake muffins and they too were quite delicious.

Below is a recipe for muffins, a fruitcake recipe, or two and just in case you don't want to make your own, but want a homemade one you can order a fruitcake from College of the Ozarks in Point Look-Out, MO...of course, you'd be a little late for this year!

Fruitcake Muffins
Free-Range Fruitcake-Alton Brown
Mom's Fruitcake from the Food Network

Order for next year at this link!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...